'Bonus Mom' Teddi Mellencamp Celebrates Stepdaughter Isabella's Birthday

Stepping up! Lala Kent, Heather Rae Young and more stars have spoken fondly of their stepparenting roles over the years.

By the time the Vanderpump Rules alum went public with her and Randall Emmett‘s relationship in 2018, the producer was the father of daughters London and Rylee with his ex-wife, Ambyr Childers.

The Florida native proposed to Kent in September 2018, exclusively telling Us Weekly nearly two years later that the Give Them Lala author loved his little ones “like her own.”

“I said it the other day, almost with tears in my eyes … I said, ‘I’m so blessed,’” Emmett gushed in May 2020. “A lot of mixed families, friends of mine that I know, struggle big time with maybe the stepdad or the stepmom or whatever it may be. The divorce in general or anything. But, we’re very blessed. My kids love Lala. I’m so lucky. I take it for granted some days, because I’ll be at the office now working and I’ll say, ‘Oh s—t, I got to get home.’ And she’s like, ‘Babe, me and the girls are going swimming and after we’re cooking hot dogs, so just take your time.’ I just got lucky.”

He noted at the time that stepparenting can be “as hard as it gets,” praising Kent for “stepping up … at her age.”

In March 2021, the couple welcomed a baby girl of their own, Ocean. “No one could have prepared me for this kind of love,” the new mom wrote via Instagram after giving birth. “Ocean, you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. I am so honored to be your mama. My heart could just burst.”

As for Young, the Selling Sunset star considers herself a “bonus mom” to fiancĂ© Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack’s two kids, daughter Taylor and son Brayden.

“I can’t wait to be their ‘official’ stepmom,” the real estate agent wrote via Instagram in August 2020. “I never knew love like this until these two entered my life. It was completely unexpected, but when I met @therealtarekelmoussa I didn’t even question the fact that he had kids. We fell in love very quick and loving him meant loving everything. I love my little family.”

The California native has shared many sweet moments with the little ones via social media, from rocking matching Christmas pajamas to snapping silly family selfies.

Keep scrolling to see what more celebrities, including Gwyneth Paltrow and Princess Beatrice, have had to say about raising their stepchildren.



from Us Weekly https://ift.tt/39ForM7
via IFTTT
Share on Google Plus

About Fox News

0 comments:

Post a Comment